Finance Bill — New Clause 15 — VAT on Installation of Energy Saving Materials — 6 Sep 2016 at 16:30
Robert Goodwill MP, Scarborough and Whitby voted to allow the Treasury to increase VAT on the installation of energy saving materials.
The majority of MPs voted to allow Treasury ministers to increase VAT on the installation of energy saving materials.
MPs were considering the Finance Bill.
The proposed new clause rejected in this vote was titled: VAT on Installation of Energy Saving Materials and stated:
- (1) No order shall be made under the Value Added Tax Act 1994 which would have the effect of raising the rate of VAT on installation of energy saving materials, or any individual category thereof.
- (2) No order shall be made under the Value Added Tax Act 1994 to vary Schedule 7A of that Act by deleting or varying any description of supply within Group 2 (Installation of Energy Saving Materials).
- (3) ‘Installation of energy saving materials’ has the meaning given in Schedule 7A of the Value Added Tax Act 1994.
-  Parliament's webpage on the Finance Bill
-  Clause 55 of the Finance Bill as at the time of the vote
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (No)||Minority (Aye)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||302 (+2 tell)||0||0||92.1%|
|Lab||0||196 (+2 tell)||0||85.7%|