Publication of NHS Sustainability and Transformation Plans and Consultation — 14 Sep 2016 at 18:30
Zac Goldsmith MP, Richmond Park voted against the publication of NHS Sustainability and Transformation Plans and against adequate consultation on them.
The majority of MPs voted against the publication of NHS Sustainability and Transformation Plans and against adequate consultation on them.
The motion rejected by the majority of MPs in this vote was:
- That this House
- notes with concern that NHS Sustainability and Transformation Plans are expected to lead to significant cuts or changes to frontline services;
- believes that the process agreed by the Government in December 2015 lacks transparency and the timeline announced by NHS England is insufficient to finalise such a major restructure of the NHS;
- further believes that the timetable does not allow for adequate public or Parliamentary engagement in the formulation of the plans; and
- calls on the Government to publish the Plans and to provide an adequate consultation period for the public and practitioners to respond.
The NHS England webpage on Sustainability and Transformation Plans states:
- every health and care system in England will produce a multi-year Sustainability and Transformation Plan (STP), showing how local services will evolve and become sustainable over the next five years – ultimately delivering the Five Year Forward View vision of better health, better patient care and improved NHS efficiency.
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (No)||Minority (Aye)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||280 (+2 tell)||1||0||86.0%|
|Lab||0||182 (+2 tell)||0||79.7%|
|Jason McCartney||Colne Valley||Con (front bench)||aye|