European Union (Withdrawal) Bill — Programme — 11 Sep 2017 at 23:37
Oliver Letwin MP, West Dorset voted to adopt proposed arrangements for consideration of the European Union (Withdrawal) Bill by MPs.
The motion supported by the majority of MPs taking part in this vote began:
- That the following provisions shall apply to the European Union (Withdrawal) Bill:
- (1) The Bill shall be committed to a Committee of the whole House.
- Proceedings in Committee
- (2) Proceedings in Committee of the whole House shall be completed in eight days.
- (3) The proceedings shall be taken on each of those days as shown in the first column of the following Table and in the order so shown.
The table referred to and the rest of the proposed timetable and other arrangements can be found in the official record, Hansard.
-  House of Commons, Official Record, Hansard, 11 September 2017
-  Parliament's webpage on the European Union (Withdrawal) Bill
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Aye)||Minority (No)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||308 (+2 tell)||1||0||98.1%|
|Lab||0||248 (+2 tell)||0||95.4%|
|Kenneth Clarke||Rushcliffe||Con (front bench)||no|