School Standards and Framework Bill — Third Reading — 24 Mar 1998
Mr Paul Marsden MP, Shrewsbury and Atcham voted with the majority (Aye).
The majority Aye voters moved the School Standards and Framework Bill onto its Third Reading. This means the Bill now moves to the House of Lords for their consideration.
The Bill's main aims were to:
- Limit infant class sizes to a maximum of 30
- Abolish grant-maintained schools
- Allow local communities to vote to abolish grammar schools
- Establish an Admissions Code for schools and set up the Office of Schools Adjudicator to enforce this code
-  Wikipedia entry, retrieved on 2010-01-30
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Aye)||Minority (No)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||0||19 (+2 tell)||0||13.0%|
|Lab||184 (+2 tell)||0||0||44.6%|