Higher Education Bill (Programme) — 27 Jan 2004 at 18:59
Motion made, and Question put forthwith, pursuant to Orders [28 June 2001 and 6 November 2003],
That the following provisions shall apply to the Higher Education Bill:
1. The Bill shall be committed to a Standing Committee.
Proceedings in Standing Committee
2. Proceedings in the Standing Committee shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion on Thursday 26th February 2004.
3. The Standing Committee shall have leave to sit twice on the first day on which it meets.
Consideration and Third Reading
4. Proceedings on consideration shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion one hour before the moment of interruption on the day on which those proceedings are commenced.
5. Proceedings on Third Reading shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at the moment of interruption on that day.
6. Sessional Order B (programming committees) made on 28th June 2001 shall not apply to proceedings on consideration and Third Reading.
Programming of proceedings
7. All other proceedings on the Bill (including any proceedings on consideration of Lords Amendments or on any further messages from the Lords) may be programmed.-[Paul Clark.]
The House divided: Ayes 361, Noes 231.
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Aye)||Minority (No)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||0||153 (+2 tell)||0||95.1%|
|Lab||361 (+2 tell)||6||0||90.4%|
|Diane Abbott||Hackney North and Stoke Newington||Lab||no|
|Ms Helen Clark||Peterborough||Lab||no|
|Jeremy Corbyn||Islington North||Lab||no|
|Mrs Alice Mahon||Halifax||Lab||no|
|John Martin McDonnell||Hayes and Harlington||Lab||no|
|Robert Wareing||Liverpool, West Derby||Lab||no|