Local Government and Public Involvement in Health Bill — 8 Oct 2007 at 19:32
<[i>Amendment No. 27 not moved.]
Clause 6 <[i>Boundary Committee's procedure]:
<[i>Amendments Nos. 28 and 29 not moved.]
moved Amendment No. 30:
After Clause 6, insert the following new Clause-
"Referendum in case of proposals for single tier of local government
(1) This section applies where a proposal for a single tier of local government is made under section 2 or 5.
(2) The principal authority for the county concerned must hold a referendum on the proposal before any steps are taken to implement it.
(3) Notwithstanding section 7(1) below, if the result of a referendum under subsection (2) is to reject the proposal the Secretary of State must not implement the proposal.
(4) In this section "the county concerned" has the same meaning as in section 5(6).
(5) The Secretary of State must make regulations specifying the arrangements to be made for the holding of any referendum under this section."
On Question, Whether the said amendment (No. 30) shall be agreed to?
Their Lordships divided: Contents, 35; Not-Contents, 155.
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Not-Content)||Minority (Content)||Turnout|
|Con||0||29 (+2 tell)||15.3%|
|Lab||119 (+2 tell)||0||55.3%|
|Viscount Colville of Culross||Crossbench||aye|
|Baroness Darcy de Knayth||Crossbench||aye|