Superannuation Bill — Programme — 7 Sep 2010 at 21:44
The majority of MPs voted in favour of setting rules to govern the progress of the Superannuation Bill through the House of Commons.
The approved motion read:
- That the following provisions shall apply to the Superannuation Bill
- 1. The Bill shall be committed to a Public Bill Committee.
Proceedings in Public Bill Committee
- 2. Proceedings in the Public Bill Committee shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion on Thursday 16 September 2010.
- 3. The Public Bill Committee shall have leave to sit twice on the first day on which it meets.
Consideration and Third Reading
- 4. Proceedings on consideration shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion three hours after the commencement of those proceedings.
- 5. Proceedings on Third Reading shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion four hours after the commencement of proceedings on consideration.
- 6. Standing Order No. 83B (Programming committees) shall not apply to proceedings on consideration and Third Reading.
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Aye)||Minority (No)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||277 (+2 tell)||2||0||91.8%|
|Lab||0||219 (+2 tell)||0||85.7%|
|Peter Bone||Wellingborough||Con (front bench)||no|
|Philip Hollobone||Kettering||Con (front bench)||no|
|Annette Brooke||Mid Dorset and North Poole||LDem (front bench)||no|
|Mike Hancock||Portsmouth South||whilst LDem (front bench)||no|
|Alan Reid||Argyll and Bute||LDem (front bench)||no|
|Bob Russell||Colchester||LDem (front bench)||no|
|David Ward||Bradford East||LDem||no|
|Roger Williams||Brecon and Radnorshire||LDem (front bench)||no|