Finance Bill — New Schedule — Devolution of Air Passenger Duty to Wales — 18 Apr 2013 at 17:15
John Bercow MP, Buckingham did not vote.
The majority of MPs voted against a proposal from MP Jonathan Edwards (Carmarthen East and Dinefwr, Plaid Cymru) to devolve responsibility for setting the rate of Air Passenger Duty for long haul flights originating in Wales to the National Assembly for Wales.
During the debate preceding the vote Jonathan Edwards MP gave an indication of the motivation behind his proposal:
- Fifty million pounds of Welsh taxpayers’ money has been spent on buying an airport ... a proposal that would enable the Welsh Government to make the most of that asset.
This vote was preceded by another on a closely related amendment.
-  Jonathan Edwards (Carmarthen East and Dinefwr, Plaid Cymru), House of Commons, 18 April 2013
-  Committee of the Whole House Amendments as at 18 April 2013 - Contains New Schedule Air Passenger Duty: Wales)
-  Parliament's webpage on the Finance Bill (now the Finance Act 2013)
-  Finance Bill as introduced 28 March 2013
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (No)||Minority (Aye)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||208 (+1 tell)||0||0||68.5%|
|Green||0||0 (+1 tell)||0||100.0%|
|LDem||25 (+1 tell)||1||0||47.4%|
|SNP||0||5 (+1 tell)||0||100.0%|
|Mark Williams||Ceredigion||LDem (front bench)||aye|