Care Bill [HL] — Commons Amendments — 7 May 2014 at 18:56
Amendment 45D not moved.
Amendment 45E (as an amendment to the Motion)
Moved by Lord Owen
As an amendment to the Motion that this House do agree with the Commons in their Amendment 45, at end insert “and do propose Amendment 45F as a consequential amendment”.
45F: After Clause 118, insert the following new Clause-
“The Oversight Panel
(1) There shall be a body corporate to be known as the Independent Information Governance Oversight Panel for Health and Social Care (referred to in this section as “the Oversight Panel”).
(2) The main duty of the Oversight Panel shall be to provide independent advice on all matters relating to the processing of relevant information in relation to health and adult social care.
(3) In exercising its main duty, the Oversight Panel shall-
(a) provide advice and make recommendations and proposals on such processing to the Secretary of State, and report annually; and
(b) provide advice on such processing to any other person in relation to health and adult social care.
(4) Any person or body who is advised by the Oversight Panel pursuant to this section shall have regard to that advice.
(5) The Secretary of State and the Board (“NHS England”) when making directions under section 254(1), and regulations under section 267, must seek and have regard to the advice of the Oversight Panel.
(6) The Secretary of State or, as the case may be, NHS England must lay before Parliament a response to the advice given by the Oversight Panel under subsection (5).
(7) The Secretary of State may by regulations make provision about the Oversight Panel relating, in particular, to appointment of the chair and other members, terms of appointment, establishment and membership of committees or sub-committees, its proceedings and payment of remuneration, allowances and expenses.
(8) The Health and Social Care Information Centre (Establishment of Information Systems for NHS Services: Collection and Analysis of Primary Care Data) Directions 2013 and The Health and Social Care Information Centre (Establishment of Information Systems for NHS Services: Data Services for Commissioners) Directions 2013 are revoked.”
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Not-Content)||Minority (Content)||Turnout|
|Con||147 (+1 tell)||0||65.2%|
|Lab||0||142 (+2 tell)||64.9%|
|LDem||74 (+1 tell)||0||72.8%|
|Lord Alton of Liverpool||Crossbench||aye|
|The Earl of Clancarty||Crossbench||aye|
|The Earl of Erroll||Crossbench||aye|
|Lord Joffe||Crossbench (front bench)||aye|
|Baroness Masham of Ilton||Crossbench||aye|
|Lord Quirk||Crossbench (front bench)||aye|
|Lord Robertson of Port Ellen||Crossbench||aye|
|Baroness Stern||Crossbench (front bench)||aye|