Consumer Rights Bill — Report (3rd Day) — 26 Nov 2014 at 18:37
Moved by Baroness Oppenheim-Barnes
50: After Clause 86, insert the following new Clause-
“Obligations on suppliers of utilities
(1) This section applies to suppliers of electricity, gas, water, sewage systems, telephony (including mobile telephony), internet connections and analogous utilities (“utilities suppliers”) and consumers of those utilities.
(2) At the consumer’s request, which can be done by any means at any time, including at the time of signature of the contract, forthcoming bills shall be sent to that consumer in paper format free of charge instead of the digital version proposed by the utilities suppliers.
(3) If the request is introduced when the contract has already started, it will be taken into account within 10 working days after the date of request.
(4) This section applies equally to those who wish to pay by cheque.
(5) In this section, “cheque” has the meaning given in the Bills of Exchange Act 1882.”
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Not-Content)||Minority (Content)||Turnout|
|Con||115 (+1 tell)||5 (+2 tell)||51.7%|
|LDem||67 (+1 tell)||0||63.0%|
|Lord Cormack||Con (front bench)||aye|
|Lord Glenarthur||Con (front bench)||aye|
|Baroness Knight of Collingtree||Con||aye|
|Baroness O'Cathain||Con (front bench)||tellaye|
|Lord Luce||Crossbench (front bench)||no|
|Lord Maginnis of Drumglass||Non-affiliated||aye|