Finance Bill — New Clause 2 — Report on Application of Climate Change Levy Tax To Electricity Generated from Renewable Sources — 8 Sep 2015 at 19:45
The majority of MPs voted against requiring a report on the impact of applying the Climate Change Levy tax to electricity generated from renewable sources.
MPs were considering the Finance Bill:
The text of the rejected new clause, titled: Report on the removal of the Climate Change Levy exemption stated:
- (1) No later than 6 months following the passing of this Act the Chancellor of the Exchequer shall publish a report into the effect of the removal of the Climate Change Levy exemption on renewable energy generators.
- (2) That report must include information about:
- (a) The effect that the removal of the exemption has had on existing generators
- (b) The effect that the removal of the exemption has had on projects which were in the planning process
- (c) The cumulative effect on investor confidence in renewable energy of this change in the context of wider government policy on renewable energy; and
- (d) The effect of these changes on the United Kingdom’s ability to meet its climate change targets and commitments.
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (No)||Minority (Aye)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||308 (+2 tell)||2||0||94.5%|
|Lab||0||177 (+2 tell)||0||77.2%|
|Nigel Adams||Selby and Ainsty||Con||aye|
|Andrew Percy||Brigg and Goole||Con (front bench)||aye|