Finance Bill — New Clause 1 — Report on Impact of Bank Levy Rate Reduction and Introduction of a Surcharge on Banking Company Profits — 8 Sep 2015 at 21:15
The majority of MPs voted against requiring a report on the impact of the reduction in bank levy rates and introduction of a surcharge on banking company profits introduced via the Bill. MPs were considering the Finance Bill:
The proposed new clause rejected in this vote was titled: Impact of changes to the bank levy rate and of the banking companies surcharge and stated:
- (1) The Chancellor of the Exchequer shall, within three months of the passing of this Act, undertake a review of the overall impact of the changes made by sections 16 and 17 of, and schedules 2 and 3 to, this Act, on:
- (a) the structure of bank balance sheets;
- (b) the long-term tax revenue from the banking sector; and
- (c) competition and diversity within the banking sector.
- (2) The Chancellor of the Exchequer must lay a copy of the review before both Houses of Parliament.’
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (No)||Minority (Aye)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||302 (+2 tell)||0||0||92.1%|
|Lab||0||162 (+2 tell)||0||70.7%|