Immigration Bill — Report (3rd Day) (Continued) — 21 Mar 2016 at 23:25
Moved by Lord Alton of Liverpool
122A: After Clause 63, insert the following new Clause-
“Family reunion: refugee resettlement programme
(1) The Secretary of State shall make provision for a refugee resettlement programme to be established under section 59 of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002 (international projects), to provide for family members of persons resident in the United Kingdom to travel to the United Kingdom for resettlement.
(2) The Secretary of State must consult as appropriate before specifying the number of places to be offered under the programme.
(3) Under this section, family members that may be accepted for resettlement under the programme include-
(e) civil or non-marital partners, or
of British citizens, persons settled in the United Kingdom, or persons recognised as refugees or who have been granted humanitarian protection.
(4) Priority for family reunion resettlement under this section shall be given to family members not eligible for family reunification under existing rules.
(5) Persons resettled under this section must be in addition to any persons resettled under any commitment on refugee resettlement which exists on the date on which this Act is passed, and must include persons from within the rest of Europe.”
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Not-Content)||Minority (Content)||Turnout|
|Con||129 (+2 tell)||0||51.2%|
|Crossbench||2||5 (+1 tell)||4.4%|
|Independent Liberal Democrat||0||1||100.0%|
|Lab||0||33 (+1 tell)||15.5%|
|Lord Green of Deddington||Crossbench||no|
|The Duke of Somerset||Crossbench||no|