European Union (Notification of Withdrawal) Bill — Clause 1 — Consultation with the Government of Gibraltar Prior to Notification of Intent to Leave the EU — 8 Feb 2017 at 18:05
The majority of MPs voted against making consultation with the Government of Gibraltar a prerequisite for the Prime Minister giving notification of the United Kingdom's intention to leave the European Union.
MPs were considering the European Union (Notification of Withdrawal) Bill.
The amendment rejected in this vote was:
- Amendment 29, page 1, line 3, at end insert
- “after consultation with the Government of Gibraltar.”
Had it not been rejected the amendment would have added the above text to the end of subclause 1(1) of the Bill which stated:
- (1) The Prime Minister may notify, under Article 50(2) of the Treaty on European Union, the United Kingdom’s intention to withdraw from the EU.
-  Parliament's webpage on the European Union (Notification of Withdrawal) Bill 2016-17
-  Text of the Bill as at the time of the vote
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (No)||Minority (Aye)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||321 (+2 tell)||1||0||98.5%|
|Lab||6||214 (+2 tell)||0||96.5%|
|Frank Field||Birkenhead||Lab (minister)||no|
|Kate Hoey||Vauxhall||Lab (minister)||no|
|Kelvin Hopkins||Luton North||Lab (minister)||no|
|John Mann||Bassetlaw||Lab (minister)||no|
|Graham Stringer||Blackley and Broughton||Lab (minister)||no|
|Gisela Stuart||Birmingham, Edgbaston||Lab (minister)||no|