Finance (No. 2) Bill — Schedule 9 — Bank Levy — Exclusion of Overseas Elements of UK Banking Groups — 18 Dec 2017 at 21:00
The majority of MPs voted to exclude certain overseas elements of UK banking groups from the bank levy annual tax.
MPs were considering the Finance Bill.
The motion supported by the majority of MPs in this vote was:
- That the schedule be the Ninth schedule to the Bill.
The explanatory notes to the Bill explain the effect of the schedule as being to exclude certain overseas elements of UK banking and building society groups from the bank levy charge, as well as to make other changes to the operation of the levy.
-  Parliament's webpage on the Finance (No. 2) Bill 2017-19
-  Schedule 9 of the the Finance (No. 2) Bill 2017-19 as at the time of the vote
-  Explanatory notes to the Finance (No. 2) Bill
-  Parliament's webpage on the 2013 Finance Bill
-  Schedule 19 of the Finance Act 2011 which provides for the bank levy
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Aye)||Minority (No)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||302 (+2 tell)||0||0||96.2%|
|Lab||0||221 (+2 tell)||0||86.1%|