High Speed Rail (West Midlands — Crewe) Bill — New Clause 4 — Independent Peer Review — 15 Jul 2019 at 19:30
The majority of MPs voted against carrying out an independent peer review of the High Speed Rail (West Midlands to Crewe) project.
MPs were considering the High Speed Rail (West Midlands - Crewe) Bill
The proposed new clause rejected by a majority of MPs in this vote was titled:Independent peer review and stated:
- (1) The Secretary of State must commission an independent peer review of the High Speed Rail (West Midlands to Crewe) project.
- (2) The review must include consideration of the project’s—
- (a) environmental impact,
- (b) economic impact,
- (c) engineering, and
- (d) governance.
- (3) In this section, “independent” means it is carried out by persons who are independent of—
- (a) Government,
- (b) HS2 Ltd, and
- (c) persons contracted or subcontracted to carry out the scheduled works.
- (4) In this section, a “peer review” is a review conducted by experts of equivalent professional qualifications, expertise and standing to the persons responsible for each aspect of the project set out in subsection
- (5) A report of the review in subsection (1) must be laid before the House of Commons within 12 months of this Act receiving Royal Assent.’
-  Parliament's webpage on the High Speed Rail (West Midlands - Crewe) Bill, Parliament.uk
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (No)||Minority (Aye)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||246 (+2 tell)||6||0||81.4%|
|Lab||0||190 (+2 tell)||0||77.7%|
|Bill Cash||Stone||Con (front bench)||aye|
|Dame Cheryl Gillan||Chesham and Amersham||Con (front bench)||aye|
|Philip Hollobone||Kettering||Con (front bench)||aye|
|Jeremy Lefroy||Stafford||Con (front bench)||aye|
|William Wragg||Hazel Grove||Con (front bench)||aye|