Trade Bill — Third Reading — 20 Jul 2020 at 21:00
The majority of MPs voted to empower the government to act to implement international trade agreements.
- * enables the implementation of obligations arising from the World Trade Organisation's Agreement on Government Procurement.
- * enables the implementation of UK trade agreements with partner countries with which the EU has existing trade agreements as at 31 January 2020.
- * establishes a new body, the Trade Remedies Authority, to assist with international disputes.
- * permits data collection and sharing related to international trade.
The motion supported by a majority of MPs in this vote was:
- That the Bill be now read the Third time.
support for this motion enabled the Bill to continue on its path to becoming law.
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Aye)||Minority (No)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||333 (+2 tell)||0||0||92.0%|
|Lab||0||178 (+2 tell)||0||89.1%|