Advanced Research and Invention Agency Bill — Clause 6 — Information — 7 Jun 2021 at 20:15
The majority of MPs voted not to make the Advanced Research and Invention Agency subject to the transparency requirements contained within the Freedom of Information Act and the Public Contracts Regulations 2015.
The amendment rejected in this vote was:
- Amendment 14, page 3, line 15, at end insert—
- “(7) ARIA shall be—
- (a) a public authority within the meaning of section 3 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000, and Schedule 1 of that Act shall be amended accordingly, and
- (b) a central government authority within the meaning of regulation 2(1) of the Public Contracts Regulations 2015, and Schedule 1 of those Regulations shall be amended accordingly.
-  Parliament's webpage on the Bill, Parliament.uk
-  The Advanced Research and Invention Agency Bill as (re)introduced on 12 May 2021, Parliament.uk
-  Explanatory notes to the Advanced Research and Invention Agency Bill as (re)introduced on 12 May 2021, Parliament.uk
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (No)||Minority (Aye)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||356 (+2 tell)||0||0||98.4%|
|Lab||0||195 (+2 tell)||0||99.5%|