Health and Social Care Levy Bill — Clause 2 — Destination of Proceeds of Health and Social Care Levy — 14 Sep 2021 at 19:15
The majority of MPs against giving the devolved governments of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland a role in determining the distribution of funds raised via the Health and Social Care Levy between health vs social care, and between the devolved parts of the United Kingdom.
The amendment rejected by a majority of MPs in this vote was:
- Amendment 4, page 2, line 29, leave out from “as” to end of line 30 and insert “determined jointly by the Treasury and the devolved governments of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.”
Had it not been rejected the amendment would have impacted Clause 2 of the Bill titled: Destination of proceeds of health and social care levy. The relevant section in the Bill stated funds would be distributed:
- in such shares as between health care and social care, and in such shares as between England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, as the Treasury may determine.
The rejected amendment was accompanied by the following explanatory statement from its proposer:
- The amendment would require joint agreement between the Treasury and the governments of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland as to how the levy proceeds are to be shared between the four areas and between health care and social care.
-  Parliament's webpage on the Health and Social Care Levy Bill, Parliament.uk
-  Health and Social Care Levy Bill, as introduced, 8 September 2021, Parliament.uk
-  Explanatory notes to the Health and Social Care Levy Bill, as introduced, 8 September 2021, Parliament.uk
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (No)||Minority (Aye)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||319 (+2 tell)||0||0||88.2%|
|SNP||0||37 (+2 tell)||0||86.7%|