Finance (No. 2) Bill — New Clause 17 — Impact of Act on Tackling Climate Change — 2 Feb 2022 at 18:00
The majority of MPs voted not to require a report on the impact of publishing information about tax avoidance schemes.
The proposed new clause rejected in this vote was titled: Impact of Act on tackling climate change and stated:
- The Government must publish within 12 months of this Act coming into effect an impact assessment of the changes in the Act as a whole on the goal of tackling climate change and the UK‘s plans to reach net zero by 2050.
The motion rejected by the majority of MPs in this vote was:
- That the clause be added to the Bill
The Bill contained no climate specific measures but it contained a variety of tax, pensions, and financial crime related provisions.
-  Parliament's webpage on the Finance (No. 2) Bill, Parliament.uk
-  The Finance (No. 2) Bill (as amended in Committee), 11 January 2022, Parliament.uk
-  Explanatory notes to the Finance (No. 2) Bill, 4 November 2021, Parliament.uk
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (No)||Minority (Aye)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||299 (+2 tell)||0||0||83.4%|
|SNP||0||38 (+2 tell)||0||88.9%|