Finance (No. 2) Bill — Clause 6 — Rate of Surcharge and Surcharge Allowance — Tax on Bank Profits — 2 Feb 2022 at 18:00
The majority of MPs voted to reduce tax on bank profits.
The amendment rejected in this vote was:
- Amendment 35, page 2, line 30, leave out clause 6.
Clause 6 of the Bill was titled Rate of surcharge and surcharge allowance. The clause provided for a reduction in the rate of the additional tax on bank company profits from 8% to 3% and increased the amount of profits excluded from the tax from 25 to 100 million pounds.
The motion rejected by the majority of MPs in this vote was:
- That the amendment be made.
-  Parliament's webpage on the Finance (No. 2) Bill, Parliament.uk
-  The Finance (No. 2) Bill (as amended in Committee), 11 January 2022, Parliament.uk
-  Explanatory notes to the Finance (No. 2) Bill, 4 November 2021, Parliament.uk
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (No)||Minority (Aye)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||300 (+2 tell)||0||0||83.7%|
|Lab||0||166 (+2 tell)||0||84.4%|