Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill — After Clause 170 — Offence of Requiring or Accepting Sexual Relations as a Condition of Accommodation — 28 Feb 2022 at 20:11
The majority of MPs voted not to create a new specific offence of requiring or accepting sexual relations as a condition of accommodation.
The motion supported by a majority of MPs in this vote was:
- That this House disagrees with Lords amendment 141.
Amendment 141 stated:
- Insert the following new Clause—
- “Offence of requiring or accepting sexual relations as a condition of accommodation
- (1) It is an offence for a person (A) to require or accept from a person (B) sexual relations as a condition of access to or retention of accommodation or related services or transactions.
- (2) For the purposes of this section, A is—
- (a) a provider of accommodation,
- (b) an employee of a provider of accommodation,
- (c) an agent of a provider of accommodation, or
- (d) a contractor of a provider of accommodation.
- (3) A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable on conviction on indictment to imprisonment for a maximum of 7 years.”
-  Parliament's webpage on the Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill, Parliament.uk
-  Explanatory notes to the Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill, Parliament.uk
-  Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill, as introduced on 12 May 2021, Parliament.uk
-  Lords amendments to the Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill, 26 January 2022, Parliament.uk
-  Explanatory notes to Lords amendments to the Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill, 26 January 2022, Parliament.uk
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Aye)||Minority (No)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||304 (+2 tell)||0||0||84.5%|
|Lab||0||167 (+2 tell)||0||84.9%|