Professional Qualifications Bill — Clause 7 — Assistance Centre — 14 Mar 2022 at 19:00
The majority of MPs voted not to require representatives from each of the devolved nations on the board of the "Assistance Centre", a body to provide advice to those seeking to practise a regulated profession in the United Kingdom, and to those with United Kingdom qualifications and experience seeking to practice their profession overseas.
The amendment rejected by a majority of MPs in this vote was:
- Amendment proposed: 3, page 5, line 16, at end insert—
- ‘(1A) Before making the arrangements, the Secretary of State must ensure there are representatives from each of the devolved nations on the board of the assistance centre.”
The rejected amendment was accompanied by the following explanatory statement:
- This amendment would require the Secretary of State to ensure there are representatives for each of the devolved nations on the board of the Assistance Centre.
Had it not been rejected the amendment would have impacted Clause 7 of the Bill which provided for an "assistance centre" to provide advice on requirements for those seeking to practise a regulated profession in the United Kingdom, and for those with United Kingdom qualifications and experience seeking to practice their profession overseas.
-  Parliament's webpage on the Professional Qualifications Bill, Parliament.uk
-  Professional Qualifications Bill, as amended in Committee, 18 January 2022, Parliament.uk
-  Explanatory notes to the Professional Qualifications Bill, 18 November 2021, Parliament.uk
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (No)||Minority (Aye)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||288 (+2 tell)||0||0||80.1%|
|LDem||0||9 (+2 tell)||0||84.6%|