Smart Meters Bill (Programme) — 24 Oct 2017 at 18:45
The majority of MPs voted in favour of a proposed arrangements for consideration of the Smart Meters Bill.
The approved motion was:
- That the following provisions shall apply to the Smart Meters Bill:
- (1) The Bill shall be committed to a Public Bill Committee.
- Proceedings in Public Bill Committee
- (2) Proceedings in the Public Bill Committee shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion on Thursday 30 November.
- (3) The Public Bill Committee shall have leave to sit twice on the first day on which it meets.
- Proceedings on Consideration and up to and including Third Reading
- (4) Proceedings on Consideration and any proceedings in legislative grand committee shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion one hour before the moment of interruption on the day on which proceedings on Consideration are commenced.
- (5) Proceedings on Third Reading shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at the moment of interruption on that day.
- (6) Standing Order No. 83B (Programming committees) shall not apply to proceedings on Consideration and up to and including Third Reading.
- Other proceedings
- (7) Any other proceedings on the Bill may be programmed.
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Aye)||Minority (No)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||304 (+2 tell)||0||0||96.5%|
|Lab||0||194 (+2 tell)||0||74.8%|