Trade Bill — Schedule 4 — The Trade Remedies Authority — Non-Executive Members — Representation — 17 Jul 2018 at 18:00
The majority of MPs voted against requiring The Trade Remedies Authority to include representatives of—producers, trade unions, and each of the devolved administrations as non-executive members.
MPs were considering the Trade Bill.
The amendment rejected in this vote was:
- Amendment: 80, in schedule 4, page 14, line 35, at end insert “including representatives of—producers, trade unions, and each one of the devolved administrations.”
- (i) producers,
- (ii) trade unions, and
- (iii) each one of the devolved administrations.”
The rejected amendment was accompanied by the following explanatory statement:
- This amendment would ensure that the Trade Remedies Authority includes, among its non-executive members, representatives of key stakeholder bodies.
Schedule 4 of the Bill was titled: The Trade Remedies Authority and provided for arrangements connected with the establishment and governance of the body.
-  Parliament's webpage on the Trade Bill
-  Schedule 4 of the Trade Bill as referred to in the rejected amendment
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (No)||Minority (Aye)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||304 (+2 tell)||1||0||96.8%|
|Lab||0||244 (+2 tell)||0||94.6%|
|Jeremy Lefroy||Stafford||Con (front bench)||aye|