Wind Farm Subsidies (Abolition) Bill — Second Reading — 6 Mar 2015 at 12:50
The majority of MPs voted in favour of public subsidies for electricity generating wind farms.
The motion rejected by the majority of MPs taking part in this vote was:
- That the Bill be now read a Second time.
The Bill's operative clause states:
- 1. Onshore wind farm subsidies
- (1) No payment shall be made by any government department or agency-
- (a) in excess of the prevailing wholesale price of electricity in respect of electricity generated by onshore wind farms; or
- (b) otherwise for the purpose of subsidising the construction, development or operation of onshore wind farms for the purpose of generating electricity.
- (2) Subsection (1) shall not apply to payments made or due to be made in respect of onshore wind farms already operational prior to this Act coming into force.
MPs for which their vote in this division differed from the majority vote of their party are marked in red. Also shows which MPs were ministers at the time of this vote. You can also see every eligible MP including those who did not vote in this division.