Local Government and Public Involvement in Health Bill — 8 Oct 2007 at 19:32
<[i>Amendment No. 27 not moved.]
Clause 6 <[i>Boundary Committee's procedure]:
<[i>Amendments Nos. 28 and 29 not moved.]
moved Amendment No. 30:
After Clause 6, insert the following new Clause-
"Referendum in case of proposals for single tier of local government
(1) This section applies where a proposal for a single tier of local government is made under section 2 or 5.
(2) The principal authority for the county concerned must hold a referendum on the proposal before any steps are taken to implement it.
(3) Notwithstanding section 7(1) below, if the result of a referendum under subsection (2) is to reject the proposal the Secretary of State must not implement the proposal.
(4) In this section "the county concerned" has the same meaning as in section 5(6).
(5) The Secretary of State must make regulations specifying the arrangements to be made for the holding of any referendum under this section."
On Question, Whether the said amendment (No. 30) shall be agreed to?
Their Lordships divided: Contents, 35; Not-Contents, 155.
Lords for which their vote in this division differed from the majority vote of their party are marked in red. Also shows which lords were ministers at the time of this vote. You can also see every eligible lord including those who did not vote in this division.