Armed Forces (Flexible Working) Bill — Clause 1 — Part Time Service in the Armed Forces and Breaks from Full-Time Service — 11 Oct 2017 at 17:00
The majority of members of the House of Lords voted in favour of allowing members of the armed forces to serve part time and against allowing a member of the regular armed services to take breaks from full-time service.
The House of Lords was considering the Armed Forces (Flexible Working) Bill .
The amendment rejected in this vote was:
- Clause 1, page 1, leave out lines 6 and 7 and insert—“(ha) enabling a person serving with a regular force to take breaks from full-time service subject to prescribed conditions
At the time of the vote Clause 1 began:
- Regular forces: part-time service and geographic restrictions
- (1) The Armed Forces Act 2006 is amended as follows.
- (2) Section 329 (terms and conditions of enlistment and service) is amended in accordance with subsections (3) and (4).
- (3) In subsection (2)—
- (a) after paragraph (h) insert—
- “(ha) enabling a person to serve with a regular force on a part-time basis;”, and ...
Lines 6-7 refer to subclause (3)(a)
Lords for which their vote in this division differed from the majority vote of their party are marked in red. Also shows which lords were ministers at the time of this vote. You can also see every eligible lord including those who did not vote in this division.