Climate Change Bill — Minister to prepare policy — rejected — 31 Mar 2008 at 17:09
A small majority of Lords voted against directing to Secretary of State:
- To prepare such proposals and policies (including the setting of five year budgets) as he reasonably considers will
- ensure that the net UK carbon account for the year 2050 is at least 60% lower than the 1990 baseline, and
- enable the carbon budgets that have been set under this Act to be met.
Without this amendment, the Secretary of State has only a
- duty to ensure that the net UK carbon account for the year 2050 is at least 60% lower than the 1990 baseline
but does not need to prepare proposals, policies, or set five year budgets.
-  Lord Crickhowel, House of Lords, 31 March 2008.
-  Climate Change Bill, Clause 2, House of Lords.
Lords for which their vote in this division differed from the majority vote of their party are marked in red. Also shows which lords were ministers at the time of this vote. You can also see every eligible lord including those who did not vote in this division.