Legal Services Bill [HL] — Report Stage — delegation of complaints — 8 May 2007 at 16:50
Amendment No. 383:
After Clause 139, insert the following new Clause-
"Handling of complaints by approved regulator
(1) The Board may direct that complaints within the jurisdiction of the ombudsman scheme and of such description as are specified in the direction shall be determined by an approved regulator instead of an ombudsman.
(2) The Board may by further direction vary or withdraw a direction given under subsection (1).
(3) Before giving a direction under this section the Board must consult-
(a) the OLC,(b) the approved regulator concerned, and(c) such other persons as the Board considers it reasonable to consult.
(4) If the Board gives a direction under this section, it must-
(a) give a copy to the OLC, the Lord Chancellor, the approved regulator concerned, and any person consulted under subsection (3)(c), and(b) publish the direction in the way it thinks fit.
(5) A direction under this section may include-
(a) transitional provision in relation to complaints already being dealt with under the ombudsman scheme or by an approved regulator, and(b) incidental, supplemental or consequential provision, including provision applying a provision of or made under this Part, with or without modifications, to the determination of a complaint by an approved regulator."
On Question, Whether the said amendment(No. 383) shall be agreed to?
Their Lordships divided: Contents, 185; Not-Contents, 135.
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Content)||Minority (Not-Content)||Turnout|
|Con||106 (+1 tell)||0||51.9%|
|Lab||1||123 (+2 tell)||59.4%|
|LDem||45 (+1 tell)||0||59.0%|
Includes lords who were absent (or abstained) from this vote.