Northern Ireland (Welfare Reform) Bill — Allocation of Time — 23 Nov 2015 at 18:10
The majority of MPs voted against requiring the question on any new clause or new schedule selected by the Chair for separate decision to be put to MPs before closing the debate on the Northern Ireland (Welfare Reform) Bill.
MPs were discussing how their consideration of the Northern Ireland (Welfare Reform) Bill ought proceed.
The amendment to the proposed provisions rejected in this vote was:
- amendment (a), after sub-paragraph (6)(b), at end, insert—
- “(ba) the Question on any amendment, new clause or new schedule selected by the Chair for separate decision;”
Paragraph 1 of the provisions stated:
- (1) (a) Proceedings on Second Reading and in Committee of the whole House, any proceedings on Consideration, and proceedings up to and including Third Reading shall be completed at today’s sitting.
The paragraph to which the rejected amendment related was:
- (6) For the purpose of bringing any proceedings to a conclusion in accordance with paragraph (1), the Chairman or Speaker shall forthwith put the following Questions (but no others) in the same order as they would fall to be put if this Order did not apply:
- (a) any Question already proposed from the Chair;
- (b) any Question necessary to bring to a decision a Question so proposed;
MPs for which their vote in this division differed from the majority vote of their party are marked in red. Also shows which MPs were ministers at the time of this vote. You can also see every eligible MP including those who did not vote in this division.